Saturday 23 October 2010

Grace Banks

In the not too distant past, I somehow managed to get invited to the première screening of Imogen Heap's DVD which showed what went into the recording of her latest album, where she revealed herself to be ridiculously talented and absolutely insane, but in a good way.

What does this all mean? Why do I care about this you may be wondering? Well, it was at this screening that I met the wonderful Grace Banks.



Head over to her MySpace page and you'll see that she's been real busy and has got hella tracks. I counted at least 10, but numbers over 4 and I'm struggling so you may want to double checck. Sounds like enough for a Bandcamp album.

Mixing folky styles, occasionally with a hint of jazz and the odd touch of Americana that reminds you of a time when people liked Kings Of Leon.  Songs like 'Cough Cry' and 'Yesterday's Favourite Song' are among my favourites with their intricately played guitars that positively shimmer accompanied by soothing lyrics. Tailor made for fans of Markus Perttula, you could say.

No comments:

Post a Comment