Monday 13 December 2010

DaKOTA

The only thing I can say for certain about DaKOTA is that I really like them.

The only came to my attention today, after they were so kind as to follow me on twitter. I checked them out to see who they were and what they were about.

All that was there was a link to a page filled with videos to their tracks, which you should definitely check out.

The first track, 'Danger Jazz,' is a ten minute epic which sounded like it had come straight out of the Manhunter soundtrack with prominent drums blending nicely with the dreamy synths.

DAKOTA - Danger Jazz from DAKOTA on Vimeo.


The track 'Performance One' is in a similar vein, but is much more aggressive.



DaKOTA also seem to incorporate some slowed down R'n'B and hip-hop into their music, but I wouldn't like to call it witch house because, apart from GR†LLGR†LL, it doesn't really impress me that much. Perhaps it's this 'nightbus' I've heard about on Vice Style.

No matter what type of music it is, it is definitely something I like. And also, their videos are pretty cool and definitely worth watching.

DaKOTA on Facebook
DaKOTA on twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment