Friday 17 December 2010

My Best Albums of 2010

Initially, I was pretty reluctant to do a 'best of' list since it would be filled entirely with stuff that you've probably seen elsewhere. Unless of course you get all your hot music news from me. In which case, I feel I must tell you, you can do better. Honestly.

But then I thought, what the hell, let's do this!

In no particular order:

1. First Aid Kit - The Big Black And The Blue
What's not to like? The wonderful vocals, that are actually properly sung and not just spoken, over the top of the gentle guitars are just beautiful. I just want to sit on the floor cross legged in front of them sitting on stools, wearing big cable knit jumpers and have them sing to me.

2. Solar Bears - She Was Coloured In
An exceptional and atmospheric record, that is rewarding with every listen. Really feels like it could be used as a film score.

3. Delorean - Subiza
I think it is actually physically impossible to be unhappy when listening to this album. Equally good on the iPod, or for busting moves in da club. Actually, it's so fun it'll have you busting moves when it's on your iPod.

4. Foals - Total Life Forever
I'll leave it to Hot Chocolate to describe what I think of each of the tracks on this album:


5. Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles (II)
It was a toss up between this and Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti, but in the end I felt it would be ridiculous to not include an album that has racked up so many listens, not that that was the sole criterion for these choices. Far from it. But, I'm a sucker for bangin music and I did really like it.

There you go, them's me top 5. Like I said, the decision process was not based on what I've listened to the most, which may be a bit ridiculous. But, the decisions make sense to me, although I am disappointed I didn't find room for Ariel Pink.

Silly me.

I hope these choices weren't too offensive, but feel free to (politely) stake your claim for your favourites. If indeed anyone is out there and reads this.

No comments:

Post a Comment