Friday 12 November 2010

Niki & The Dove + Bi-Polar Men

T'other day I was sent a remix of Nike & The Dove's 'DJ, Ease My Mind' by Bi-Polar Men. I'm not sure if this was because I had signed up to a mailing list, or if they somehow found me, but I hadn't heard of either of these groups.



But, boy-howdy am I glad to have made their acquaintance!

For those like me who don't know, Niki & The Dove hail from almighty Sweden, and you can definitely sense a hint of, or maybe a lot of, Lykke Li and Karin Dreijer Andersson (maybe it's just the accent, but I like it. Lots), but who's complaining?

Not me, with booming, anthemic choruses and whimsical electro-pop that can help to lift you out of the November gloom.

  DJ, Ease My Mind (B-PM Refix) by Norton's Fork

Sign up to the mailing list here to get 'Winterheart' for free. Also, click on the picture to get 'Mother Protect' for free.

It also somewhat reminded me of Baron Von Luxxury's remix of Little Boots' 'Meddle.'

No comments:

Post a Comment