Monday 5 April 2010

Album Weekend

I'm back in little ol' St. Albans now for the next few weeks where the internet is plentiful and runs at the speed of light, well maybe not that quick.  Therefore, I can now actually stream songs without them having to buffer every 20 seconds so I have finally been able to listen to a few free albums.

So far, I've only managed 3 unfortunately.  First off was 'Congratulations' which I'm guessing everyone has heard by now, second was 'WHB' and last was 'Album.'  Ok, maybe that last one isn't new at all, but it was still a new listen for me.

The first time I listened to Congratulations I thought it was a little boring, but now I'm going at it again, I'm going to have to disagree with myself and say that I just 'didn't get it,' whatever that's supposed to mean.  There may be no 'Kids' or 'Time To Pretend' part 2, but it's still an enjoyable listen, but probably not so much if you're not already a fan, but who doesn't like MGMT?

We Have Band.  I'd already heard of them, you'd already heard of them, so what's the point?  They've been around for a while now before managing to get their first album out.  I first heard them on the Kitsuné Maison 6 compilation with their track 'Hear It In The Cans,' which for a while I actually thought was NYPC, until I finally decided to look at my iPod and check.  The rest of the tracks aren't quite in the same style as that, but still lost somewhere between an electro band and a rock band without really pulling either off consistently well, but I'd probably still buy it if I had the money to spare.

The final album I listened to, 'Album' was probabaly my favourite, but this shit be old so I'll leave it at that.

Oh, and now I've properly listened to 'Congratulations,' I really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment