Sunday 23 May 2010

GERMANY GERMANY

The other day as I was wandering through the soulless and desolate vacuum that is MySpace I saw that me old pal Jamie Long had posted a bulletin which said that he was on some sort of compilation / mix tape thing-a-me from poule d'or, who was new to me.  Anyhow, I looked it up and it checked out, he was indeed featured.  So I downloaded it and it was pretty tasty, some shoegazy stuff, some tropically tinged electro-pop and the odd bangin' tune.  I would definitely recommend that you get it too.

Music goodness.

I think it's safe to assume also that there are two more compilations, since this is called number 3, and if they are as good as this one, then get them too.

Anyway, my favourite track was definitely 'Radiowave' by 'GERMANY GERMANY', so naturally I went to find more tracks and there are a fair few on the ol' MySpace page and they are also pretty good.  'Electrolove' being my next favourite track.  And what's great about these guys is that they are giving away music for absolutely nothing from here.  Unfortunately I can't tell you yet how many tracks are included in the two files since they are currently downloading and the Interweb connection I have with VIRGIN MEDIA IS RUBBISH.

Edit: Each file has 8 tracks on so it is definitely well worth dowloading.  16 songs, free and totally legal.  Music is great, but it's even better when it's legal.

Oh, and there's also a Finnish band on the mix, äänijännite (I know my audience, all 2 of them, max) and they sounded pretty good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment